2.01.2011

Bacon Jam

This is really amazing stuff Bacon Jam, sigh....
You gather bacon, onions, some brown sugar, vinegar, maple syrup, and coffee simmer and viola!!!!

I sliced up two onions and cut up my bacon and make a pot of coffee. I warmed up my pot on med high heat and cooked my bacon until it was nice and crumbly and drained it on napkins.
I then save a bit of the bacon drippings in the pan and sauted my onions until they were nice and caramelized. I returned the cooked and drained bacon to the pan with the lovely onions and added coffee, vinegar, brown sugar and syrup and brought it up to a simmer.
My lovely bacon-y goodness starting to simmer. I cooked it until most of the liquid was reduced and it was nice and thick and I put it in my food processor and blitzed it to a nice spreadable consistency.
I toasted a slice of bread and spread some bacon jam and topped it with a lovely egg. I read that bacon jam was delicious and I am bit late on the bacon jam trend of last year but wow, it is really delicious.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Love it. This has been on my list for a while now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...